Charles Howse wrote:
cd /usr/src
make buildworld (drat, I should have done make -j4 buildworld!)

Actually, no, don't do the -j4 - I think that's why it worked. I was fiddling with the -j flag once and ran into a bunch of problems, when it was pointed out that this isn't a "supported" way of doing a make buildworld. I stopped using it and all was well.

Very interesting. On page 490 of "FreeBSD Unleashed" it references the -j4 parameter as a way to speed up the make buildworld process by spawning multiple simultaneous processes.

The same thing is referenced in Chapter 20 of the FreeBSD Handbook.

Is this now depreciated?

In fact, "FreeBSD Unleashed" is where I first saw it, and got caught by it.

--
Jonathan Arnold           (mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED])
http://www.TheWargamer.com || http://www.iSimulacrum.com