Over the past few months, there have been a handful of posts on
freebsd-net regarding the lack of support in FreeBSD for on-board
ethernet interfaces using the nVidia nForce2 chipset.  I have currently
a network-impared machine with an Asus A7N8X motherboard, which uses
this chipset, with FBSD 5.1-RELEASE installed.

In one exchange on freebsd-net, Mr. Bill Paul requested information
from other users (which I was glad to provide) that he could pool
together in order to justify a demand for related drivers.  He
indicated that the response was great, but I've not since noticed any
further report of results and was wondering if it had gotten anywhere
(http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-net/2003-July/001016.html)
.  I've posted my question on freebsd-net without gaining a response.

Asus support is basically useless when it comes to BSD, and nVidia
offers FreeBSD drivers only for graphic chipsets, although they _do_
offer a "unified" driver for Linux.  I wonder if anyone has acheived
any success with this unified driver, either in porting it or with
Linux emulation.

I'd love to get this box on the network and on the 'Net with FreeBSD,
without adding another NIC interface, which would affect the other OSes
I have multi-booting on this particular box (and which support this
interface without trouble).  Any updates on drivers, patches, or
work-arounds would be most welcome.

Thanks,
~John