Colin Watson wrote:
[ ...rewrapped to 80-columns... ]
Any way to bind a MAC address statically to an IP?. I wish to do this to
prevent a user from changing his IP address on the subnet, so if he does he
can't pass traffic. I have experimented with ipfw, but I can't quite see how
I could accomplish the binding of a IP statically to a nic's MAC. Any ideas
be appericated.

IPFW2 lets you perform firewall actions on a MAC address, rather than an IP.

You can configure a DHCP server to staticly allocate an IP address to that machine via something like this in {/usr/local}/etc/dhcpd.conf:

host pi.codefab.com {
        hardware ethernet 00:00:00:00:00:00;
        fixed-address 66.234.138.67;
}