Hi gurus!

I have a remote FreeBSD computer (RELEASE 4.7 stable). It is on the other side of Earth. I can access it only with ssh.
It is really a base system. The ports collection (/usr/ports) is entirely missing. I'm familiar with installing ports. But I have
no idea how to install the ports collection using only an ssh shell. Please give me a direction.

Thanks in advance,

Laci 1.0

The easiest way (if you have root access) is to use the CVSUP system. It is well described in the handbook, and the handbook is available online on www.freebsd.org . If you do not have the cvsup util already installed, you need to find it and compile it yourself, after you fetch it from the web. Or better, get a .tgz version which is a precompiled package. Search for the source of it on www.freebsd.org/ports/

Thanks for all your help. I'm currently installing apache2. :-)

Laci 1.0