Marc Ramirez wrote:
On Wed, 17 Sep 2003, Bill Moran wrote:

ssh has the -V switch to display the version.

sshd does not appear to have similar functionality.  Is there a way to verify
the version of sshd running on a FreeBSD system?

[EMAIL PROTECTED]/usr/src] $ sshd -v sshd: illegal option -- v sshd version OpenSSH_3.5p1 FreeBSD-20030201 Usage: sshd [options] Options: -f file Configuration file (default /etc/ssh/sshd_config) -d Debugging mode (multiple -d means more debugging) -i Started from inetd -D Do not fork into daemon mode -t Only test configuration file and keys -q Quiet (no logging) -p port Listen on the specified port (default: 22) -k seconds Regenerate server key every this many seconds (default: 3600) -g seconds Grace period for authentication (default: 600) -b bits Size of server RSA key (default: 768 bits) -h file File from which to read host key (default: /etc/ssh/ssh_host_key) -u len Maximum hostname length for utmp recording -4 Use IPv4 only -6 Use IPv6 only -o option Process the option as if it was read from a configuration file. [EMAIL PROTECTED]/usr/src] $

Although, apparently, it's not entirely accurate WRT the patch... This is
what I get after having supped and only rebuilt sshd... I'm doing a
buildworld right now, which might give different results.

That's funny. I was too busy noticing that -v was an illegal option to notice that it provided the requested information anyway!

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies