Hello,

my question concerns the path settings for daemons like lpd, if started from rc.conf with lpd_enable="YES".

I have inserted a driver in /etc/printcap that uses a script installed by ghostscript. This script located in /usr/local/bin itself uses gs without an explicite path (/usr/local/bin/gs). Now starting anything to print with this driver results in an lpd error message 'gs: not found'. Stopping lpd and starting it as root from a terminal seems to work (but don't know exactly!). So my question is: For daemons started in rc.conf (like lpd) which path do they see during startup?

Thanks,
Thomas

BTW: My /.profile (or /.cshrc) contents the /usr/local/bin path!