Aragon Gouveia wrote:
Hi,

I've compiled a port as normal (apache13 in this case).  I'd like to run
'make install' now and tell it to install the package to the base of the
root filesystem of a jail from the jail's host.  Possibly also to skip
registering it in the host's package database.

Does anyone know an easy way to do this with the ports system?

In this situation I like it to mount the /usr/ports via nullfs in my Jail Directory and build the Port directly in the Jail. However you'll have to have a more or less complete system (at least gcc + all needet build dependencies) in the Jail. As a plus you don't have to worry about package registrations and stuff like this, but I'm just another newbie so probally somebody will come up with another and better way ;)

Cheers
Felix