On Thursday 28 August 2003 11:18 am, Dead Line wrote:
> Hello All,
>

>      I am on FreeBSD 4.8-R, I would like to run on the mail system virtual
> users mail.
>      i just dunt want to create a _real_ users on system, and I would prefer
> it virtual for certain domain(s)
>
>      Can someone exaplain what to install by order? can i run it under
> sendmail daemon?

You'll want to install cyrus-sasl2, cyrus-imapd22, and cyrus-saslauthd2.
Add this to your /etc/make.conf:
SENDMAIL_CFLAGS+=-I/usr/local/include -DSASL=2
SENDMAIL_LDFLAGS+=-L/usr/local/lib
SENDMAIL_LDADD+=-lsasl2
 recompile sendmail in the base system, and google on the cyrus setup
instructions "FreeBSD cyrus imapd"
Let me know when you get stuck, I'm in the process of writing a howto about
this, but it won't be done for at least another week.