At 1:22 PM -0600 10/29/03, Charles Howse wrote:
Garance wrote:

 I'm not much of an expert on the low-level details, but I can
 say that what you're seeing is also what I've seen, and that
 I believe samba is supposed to work that way.

I just checked again, and the connection was closed at 12:13 local time, about 24 hours later. I guess that's acceptable, as long as it *does* finally close on it's own.

Thanks for the reply!

I believe there's an option which controls how long that process will stay around. Glancing at my smb config file, it might be the one called "dead time".

--
Garance Alistair Drosehn            =   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Senior Systems Programmer           or  [EMAIL PROTECTED]