From: Charles Swiger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "M.D. DeWar" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
CC: freebsd <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: what happens when connection is lost ?
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 11:58:16 -0500

On Oct 31, 2003, at 11:54 AM, M.D. DeWar wrote:
Hello,
If I am logged in on a FreeBSD machine with ssh.
And doing say a ./configure or make  and I lose connection does that stop
what I was doing ?

In general, yes-- what happens is that a broken connection results in a hangup (HUP) signal being sent to the process group containing ssh, your shell, and whatever commands might have been running.

data get corrupted etc ?

Generally not. The point of the HUP signal is to allow processes to shut down cleanly. See "man nohup", "man signal"....

--
-Xhuxk