On Nov 9, 2003, at 8:09 PM, Tillman Hodgson wrote:

It's the same nfsd on the server side. I didn't do anything specify to
enable NFS version 2, my rc.conf entry says nfs_server_flags="-u -t -n
14" (the 14 is because it's a high-usage NFS server and my testing shows
that I consistently peak at around 12-14 nfsd's in use). You just have
to have the client request that version.

My Linux is now mounting the FreeBSD served mounts, but it takes like 10 minutes for the mount to happen. The exports is simple

/local/web -maproot=root and an address to allow mounting from

The nfsd is the standard set of options as is the portmapper and mountd (mountd is -2r right now as a test though I am not sure that made a difference)

I am not up and how to debug nfs problems. I would appreciate pointers on seeing why it takes forever.

thanks
Chad