Running FBSD 4.9 on an Intel SMP mobo w/ 2 Intel PII 350s. Onboard SCSI is recognized and sees all my drives. One SCSI 3 drive is 4.5G for the OS and /usr. I have 4 identical IBM SCSI3 disks 9G each, however one of those 4 will not disklabel. The other three will. This leads to troubles then, obviously, to setting the 4 drives for vinum use. Was using these 4 drives on 5.0-RELEASE with vinum previously no troubles....downgraded for some backup software (bacula) compatibility reasons.

In dmesg, da1, da2, da3, da4 all show as identical drives, model number, capacity, etc. I have not removed the drive to see if there is a special jumper to protect such things, I shall do this later today.

When I try to `disklabel -e da4', I get the info open, I can change whatever I like, then when I save the file it complains; that the device does not support this feature. The other 3 drives all did `disklabel -e dax' with no trouble.

One note, when I `disklabel -e da4' (the drive in question) it has Name: "DNES something" and for Label: "IBM"? The other 3 did not have this.....

TIA
Bob