On Nov 16, 2003, at 2:40 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I has a G3 iMac that has broken CD-Rom drive, can it be reformated comppletely from the web?

To expand on another answer, you can install NetBSD for PowerPC over the net, but I think you need a floppy or some kind of startup image to boot from. And you have to be willing to poke around in the Open Firmware environment. And of course, there's Darwin 7.0.1, the core of OS X 10.3.

The best option is to fix or replace the drive, I think.