Hi -

I have an IBM Thinkpad 600 (no letter after the 600) which I have recently
installed FreeBSD-5.1 onto via CD-ROM. When booting the system, there are
several lines logged to /var/log/messages which are troubling. I believe
that these messages are at the root of why none of my PCMCIA cards
function. Ideally, I'd like to get my NIC (3CCFE575CT-D) working. The
messages observed are:

pci0: <PCI bus> on pcib0
cbb0: <TI1250 PCI-CardBus Bridge> mem 0x2130100-0x21301fff at device 2.0 on pci0
cardbus0: <CardBus bus> on cbb0
pccard0: <16-bit PCCARD bus> on cbb0
cbb: Unable to map IRQ...
device_probe_and_attach: cbb0: attach returned 12

A similar set of lines is output for cardbus1. Somewhat later in the log I
also see these lines:

unknown: <PNP0303> can't assign resources (port)
unknown: <IBM3780> can't assign resources (irq)
unknown: <PNP0700> can't assign resources (port)
unknown: <PNP0c02> can't assign resources (port)
unknown: <PNP0400> can't assign resources (port)
unknown: <PNP0071> can't assign resources (port)
unknown: <PNP0e03> can't assign resources (port)
unknown: <PNP0680> can't assign resources (port)
unknown: <PNP0680> can't assign resources (port)

I have not placed anything into /etc/pccard.conf nor have I build a
custom kernel. I have used this same set of hardware with a few different
Linux variations, including Knoppix and Mandrake.

I have tried running "pccardd -d" by hand, found that nothing is output to
the screen and it quickly terminates with a status 1. I also observe that
/dev/card* don't exist.

My questions are:

        1) Does anyone else have an IBM Thinkpad 600 working with any
           pccards, and if so what magic did you find necessary?

        2) Can anyone provide suggestions/pointers given the log
           information shown?

        3) What other information should I provide for people to be
           able to better help me?

Thanks in advance - Marc