At 4:47 PM -0800 11/17/03, K Anderson wrote:
Hey there all.

For quite some time I've been noticing messages on the primary
console as well as the message log.

inetd[630]: printer/tcp: bind: Address already in use

I have cups installed and happen to notice something in the /usr/local/etc/rc.d director called lprng.sh. I have, as the
file says, lpd_enabled/lpd_enable equal to NO inside quotes
(yep, inside rc.conf) and the darn thing still starts up.

Any ideas on fixing?

Are things "working", other than the annoying message?

Are all the messages from the same process?  And is that
process really 'inetd'?  If so, what kind of entries do
you have in /etc/inetd.conf?

--
Garance Alistair Drosehn            =   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Senior Systems Programmer           or  [EMAIL PROTECTED]