Vahric MUHTARYAN wrote:

[moved down to avoid top-posting]

From: Jens Rehsack [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Tuesday, November 18, 2003 9:43 PM
To: Vahric MUHTARYAN
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Kernel Module Support ?!!? and Kernel Limits ..

Vahric MUHTARYAN wrote:

Hi Everyboy ,

I'm using FreeBSD 5.1 , I red documents and it said that -
FreeBSD Support moduler environment .

        I want to know How can I make a moduler somethings like RAID
Device or something else because GENERIC is only text file and I can
delete or put "#"  for kernel does not support that driver buil-in .

in

Linux I can choose which one is will be built-in which one is moduler

When you build a kernel, usually all available modules are build, too. If you comment out sth., it's not linked static into the kernel, but the module will be available.

See kldload(8) for details.

        Then I checked /boot/modules nothing there ... then I checked
/boot/defaults/loader.conf I saw modules can be stored in /boot/kernel
directory all of them are have ko ext. it will be funny but FreeBSD

make

moduler all things ?!!!?!

I don't understand your question. Can you please ask it in other words?
And Where can I find Kernel limits I know I can extend it with
sysctl but limits ... ?!

See sysctl.conf(5) and loader.conf(5) as well as sysctl(8).

You mean FreeBSD make all device support moduler ?!
And you said that -- not linked static but under the
/boot/kernel everything is module ... ?!

Not even all, but most. You can check /usr/src/sys/modules/ for details, or the according man-page.

And I don't understand why freebsd makes a module all of them ?!?!?!
I have to choose which one will be module which one won't be ...
is it must ?!

No, you can override the modules which are build by adding the MODULES_OVERRIDE makeoption into your kernel config. See NOTES for more.

Secound I think I can't explain correct ... When I build kernel Where modules must be stored under
/boot/modules or /boot/kernel ?!

See kldload(8), it gives you exact the same answer I would.

Jens