I have a device that connects via PPP on a phone line (V.90) to my ISP. However, I am seeing significant delays on the connection but can't find a cause. I am looking for something that will monitor the phone line - like tcpdump for a phone line. I know that there are some expensive devices out there that do that, but this doesn't warrant spending that much. I don't see any easy way to capture both the uplink and downlink signals though. Regular modems only monitor the downlink side.