On  0, Jud <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
:The best tutorial I've seen on this remains <URL:
:http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/bsd/2000/06/14/FreeBSD_Basics.html>.  3 years
:ago as a newbie it was far easier for me to understand than the Handbook.
:One thing has changed in those 3 years: The user wanting to access the Net
:must be a member of the 'dialer' group.

Actually, the group is "network"

IMHO, the best resource for user ppp is still the manpage. Probably
one of the best-written manpages there are.

I just recently went through the ordeal of configuring modems for
it, and I agree, the handbook doesn't have too much to offer there.

--
Allan Bowhill
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Spend extra time on hobby.  Get plenty of rolling papers.