Lowell Gilbert wrote:

RYAN vAN GINNEKEN <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

when i run portsdb -Uu i get many errors like the one below is there
anyone who can help me

fileroller-2.4.2_1,1:"/usr/ports/x11-toolkits/pango" non-existent -- dependency list incomplete

That just means you didn't have /usr/ports/x11-toolkits/pango in your
ports tree. Assuming this is intentional (you didn't update the whole
ports tree for some reason?) then there's no problem. If you wanted
to update the whole tree, then you need to figure out what you did
wrong with your update operation (e.g., maybe you need to get rid of a
refuse file for the ports collection).

Also note, that there errors are not completely unheard of. I run a ports cvsup nightly, update the index database, and send the output of portversion to myself. looking back in my logs, it looks as if i almost always have at least a few of these types of errors

~jon

--
"Yesterday upon the stair I saw a man who wasn't there, he wasn't there again today, oh how i wish he'd go away"

Rev. Jonathan T. Sage
Lighting / Set Designer
Professional Web Design
[HTTP://thr.msu.edu]