As some others said, put both the hard drives on the same channel and see what that
does, also to change the speeds it is 'atacontrol mode (number of channel ie 0 or 1)
UDMA(#) UDMA(#)' if you have 2 things on the same channel.  But switch the cd-rw and
the hard drive and put the 2 drives on the same channel and you might not have to mess
with setting the speeds.  and another good command to check what speeds are on the
same channel 'atacontrol mode (number of channel)' of course dont use parenthesis on
any of that, and if you already know about what i said oh well, spreading my limited
knowledge

Jarrod
[EMAIL PROTECTED]