Harald Schmalzbauer wrote:

On Tuesday 09 December 2003 02:51, homeyra g wrote:

So, I hope this is the right address for this type of
question. If not would you please forward this and/or
let me know the correct address.

Thanks,

Here is the question: How to truncate a file from the
begining to a certain point in the file?

Have a look at sed. Sorry can't help with syntax and I'm sure one can also do the same with perl or awk or whatever. But for the first, man (1) sed will help with 'cat yourfile | sed -youroptions' e.g.

You can also use vi (if it's a regular textfile with less than hundreds of megs), find your endpoint with e.g "/YourEndKeyWord" and do in instruction mode a "dG", after that save.

-Harry

And if you use PHP, you could do a fairly easy script also, via the CLI. Lots of shell scripting stuff out there, isn't there?

KDK