At 11:41 PM +0200 12/15/03, Ion-Mihai Tetcu wrote:
Hi,

I have 2 identical (copy/paste) ports-supfiles on two machines:

it# grep -v '#' /etc/ports-supfile
*default host=cvsup.ro.FreeBSD.org
*default base=/usr
*default prefix=/usr
*default release=cvs tag=.
*default delete use-rel-suffix
*default compress
ports-all

I run it like:
# cvsup -g /etc/ports-supfile on both machines.

The stupid question:
why on the second I have the `,v' suffix ?

Is there an env variable or something ?

I don't think so. Did you try copying the file from one machine to the other, and doing a direct diff? It looks like the 'tag=.' is being ignored for some reason.

I suspect you have tried that, but it's hard to imagine
why the two machines would be different.  I'd also note
that your grep command shouldn't ignore lines that have
a '#' that is anywhere in the line.  Only ignore lines
where there is nothing interesting before the '#'.  Eg:

grep -v '^ *#'

I don't know what else to suggest.  From what you describe
in your message, both hosts should be getting the same set
of files.

--
Garance Alistair Drosehn            =   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Senior Systems Programmer           or  [EMAIL PROTECTED]