Hey all. Strange but not totally surprising behavior, anyone have any ideas?

System:
IBM Netfinity 4500R
1G RAM
2x 667MHz PIII CPUs
Logitech Trackman Wheel PS/2
Mouse and KB through Belkin 8 port rackmount KVM

Running recent 5.X current
SMP kernel

When I was running the mouse via USB/not through the KVM, the middle (wheel) button worked fine, as did the wheel after a bit of tweaking on moused and the X config file.

Via PS2 and through the KVM, it appears there's nothing I've found yet that will enable the wheel, although the wheel 'button' itself works.

Running moused in debug mode in a terminal using -z4 shows buttons numbered 'normally' 1-3 from left to right and gives corresponding output for each button being depressed...however, scrolling the wheel gives no output, which I'm assuming it should be doing for a positive or negative movement value.

The same setup works fine, mouse wheel included, through the same KVM to another SMP Linux system, which has run RHAS2.1, 3.0, and now WhiteBox Linux (free 'clone' of RH3ES), without any issues, so it doesn't appear to be the KVM, although I've seen historically that BSD seems to have more than it's share of KVM input issues....

Any ideas on what to try next? Opera in X without a scroll mouse is like Windows claiming it's secure- it's just wrong :-(

Scott