Hi,

Yes looks like there are some problems with the floppy drive in this version ..
the floppy drive as such works fine with netbsd and linux on other partitions.

I am posting the relevent portions of dmesg which gave some errors ..
..

FreeBSD 5.1-RELEASE #0: Thu Jun  5 02:55:42 GMT 2003
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC
Preloaded elf kernel "/boot/kernel/kernel" at 0xc0b0c000.
Preloaded mfs_root "/boot/mfsroot" at 0xc0b0c26c.
Preloaded elf module "/boot/kernel/acpi.ko" at 0xc0b0c2b0.
Timecounter "i8254"  frequency 1193182 Hz
Timecounter "TSC"  frequency 1991922376 Hz
CPU: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.00GHz (1991.92-MHz 686-class CPU)
fdc0: cmd 3 failed at out byte 1 of 3
orm0: <Option ROMs> at iomem 0xcc000-0xd3fff,0xc0000-0xcbfff on isa0
pmtimer0 on isa0
fdc0: cannot reserve I/O port range (6 ports)

There are other errors also which is not relevent to this problem, but it is
unusual .. (there are lot of errors printed below)
module_register: module pci/txp already exists!
Module pci/txp failed to register: 17
interface sysvmsg.1 already present in the KLD 'kernel'!
module_register: module pccard/xe already exists!
Module pccard/xe failed to register: 17
module_register: module pci/pcn already exists!
Module pci/pcn failed to register: 17
module_register: module pcn/miibus already exists!
Module pcn/miibus failed to register: 17
module_register: module pci/vr already exists!
Module pci/vr failed to register: 17
module_register: module vr/miibus already exists!
Module vr/miibus failed to register: 17
module_register: module pci/ste already exists!
Module pci/ste failed to register: 17
module_register: module ste/miibus already exists!
Module ste/miibus failed to register: 17
module_register: module if_tun already exists!
..

Thanks,
Srini