Micheal Patterson wrote:

----- Original Message ----- From: "Trey Sizemore" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, December 27, 2003 6:10 PM
Subject: Can't login to machine any more!

Just recently I can no longer login to my machine. When I get to the gdm
screen and enter my username and password I get:

"The system administrator has disabled your account."

This happens with both my normal account and THE ROOT ACCOUNT!

Is this recoverable and, if so, how?

Thanks.

You should be able to boot up in single user mode and correct this problem. I'm not sure what would cause it though.

Logged into single user mode and ran:

#grep root /etc/passwd

It showed the shell to be /bin/sh

Did a reboot and tried to login with gdm again and got the same message.