If the first one or two DNS server entries are not working you will see this behavior.

On Dec 28, 2003, at 15:23, Kai Vermehr wrote:

While booting I get the message "recovering vi editor sessions" and the booting process is halted for a couple of minutes. I'm new to FreeBSD so I don't know where to look. Booting is resumed and some time later I get a message that sendmail is starting -- again taking a long time ...

Any ideas how to fix this?

thanks! -- 'K:)

-- Doug