Hi,

> What is the most secure way to enable mounting of flash drives, cdroms, and
> floppies?  I've seen solutions that include setting setuid on mount.  I would
> rather not go this route.  Is there any other easy, secure way?

You can allow mounting for ordinary users with the following sysctl(8):

vfs.usermount

With Gnome 2.5 (probably also with 2.4, but I need to run the
development version in order to help with some ports) users can mount
cdroms and floppies on mount points in their home directories (~/cdrom
and ~/floppies). Unfortunately, you will need appropriate entries into
/etc/fstab for every user.

Simon