On Jan 14, 2004, at 6:43 PM, Jonathan T. Sage wrote:

you did. from ssh's point of view. however, pam is enabled, and it allows password authentication. to do what you're asking, edit sshd_config again, and toggle this line

# Change to no to disable PAM authentication
ChallengeResponseAuthentication no

this is my fix, it allows only pubkey logins. i'm sure this is also possible with PAM, and actually, would love to know how that works too :)

Does anyone have any idea on how to require a pubkey AND a password? I don't want either one to be enough, but want both...

Thanks
Chad