I was trying to install FDSB 4.9.

I've just noticed that I get a MODE_SENSE_BIG timeout on acd0. Sounds like there is something it doesn't like about the CDROM. Once again, though, it seems to be booting from it (which I guess is a function of the BIOS).

I specified a non-plug and play OS in the BIOS.

Thanks!

fbsd_user wrote:

You did not state what FBSD version you are installing
5.0, 5.1 have bug which causes your problem.
On the other hand did you do the recommended pc bio changes?

First time changes to PC Bios

Navigate around the menus using the keyboard arrow keys looking for
the following options, your PC bio's may not have all of these.

Virus Warning=, set this option to disable. It's a firmware check of
the hard drive boot sector looking for MS/Windows boot virus. This
will stop FBSD booting from the install CDROM.

plug-n-play=,  set this option to disable. FBSD is not sensitive to
Microsoft plug-n-play standard and may refuse to install, or cause
PCI cards not to be found.

Disable or set to auto any Bio's option to assign irq numbers to PCI
expansion slots.

Disable any ISA expansion slots.

Operating system type=, set to 'other' or any Unix type of operating
system, don't set to MS/Windows.