Hello.

I'm trying to create a login class on a 4.9 box that will add additional restrictions for some users. I can add the login.class entries to the default class and they work, but they apply to everyone. I only want them to apply to certain users, but this isn't working.

Here's what I'm doing:

I create a copy of the default entry with the name "mygroup" and add these entries to it:
:login-backoff=0:
:passwordtime=30d:

mygroup:\
:passwd_format=md5:\
:copyright=/etc/COPYRIGHT:\
:welcome=/etc/motd:\
:setenv=MAIL=/var/mail/$,BLOCKSIZE=K,FTP_PASSIVE_MODE=YES:\
:path=/sbin /bin /usr/sbin /usr/bin /usr/games /usr/local/sbin /usr/local/bin /usr/X11R6/bin ~/bin:\
:nologin=/var/run/nologin:\
:cputime=unlimited:\
:datasize=unlimited:\
:stacksize=unlimited:\
:memorylocked=unlimited:\
:memoryuse=unlimited:\
:filesize=unlimited:\
:coredumpsize=unlimited:\
:openfiles=unlimited:\
:maxproc=unlimited:\
:sbsize=unlimited:\
:vmemoryuse=unlimited:\
:priority=0:\
:ignoretime@:\
:umask=037:\
:login-backoff=0:\
:passwordtime=30d:

Then I run "cap_mkdb /etc/login.conf" like it says at the top of the file.

Then I run "chpass jrandom" add put him in the mygroup class. I verify the master.passwd entry has "mygroup" in it.

Then I try to login as jrandom, but I use an invalid password. Using "login-backoff=0" it should delay 5 seconds before giving another login prompt. It doesn't.

However, if I add the 2 lines to the "default" entry in login.conf it does work, but it works for everyone.

How can I make it so that these entries are only applied to people in "mygroup"?

Thanks.