Gary - Mail::Audit is a really nice perl script that has header cababilities. works really nice for me. Not using it for exacatally what you're talking about doing, but I can see how it could be used for this application.

~j

Gary Kline wrote:
People,

        I'm thinking about writing a script to cut down most of
        my mail headers.   I'm still using an ed script I wrote
        10 years ago.  I'd like to save the Date, From, and Subject
        field.  If the mail contains HTML or base64 or other
        --multipart-- garbage.  What filters are there that I
        can use (steal?:-) code from to help me?

thanks, guys,

gary

-- Jonathan T. Sage Theatrical Lighting / Set Designer Professional Web Design

[HTTP://www.JTSage.com]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[See Headers for Contact Info]