There's something wrong with the rc.conf stuff for named if you install the bind9 port
over the base bind8 (by doing a make
-DPORT_REPLACES_BASE_BIND9 install clean in dns/bind9) because of differences in
command line arguments. Of course, you could just
work it out and hash it together, or leave the base bind8 alone entirely and install
bind9 as a separate port... It doesn't really
matter either way, just make sure you're executing the bind9 named instead of the
bind8 one.