Peder Blom wrote:
I've never done it this way, but in this case I assume that you just
define the rules in  '/etc/ERICS_firewall', thus:

--------------
add 100 pass all from any to any via lo0
add 200 deny all from any to 127.0.0.0/8
add 300 deny ip from 127.0.0.0/8 to any
add 600 allow all from any to any
--------------

Using your suggestions for rc.conf, of course.

Is this correct?

Exactly. And then you add a preprocessor like cpp, and you can define:

####
# set these to your inside interface network and netmask and ip

#define IIF fxp0
#define INET 10.1.1.0/24
#define IIP 10.1.1.1
[ ...OIF info snipped... ]

# port number ranges
#define LOPORTS 1-1023
#define HIPORTS 1024-65535

# basic stuff
add 100 pass all from any to any via lo0
add deny all from any to 127.0.0.0/8
add deny ip from 127.0.0.0/8 to any
add deny all from INET to any in via OIF
add deny all from ONET to any in via IIF

...and go from there.

--
-Chuck