I'm looking for a remote console card that will work with FreeBSD 5.2 or -current. The machine is a Dell Poweredge 2450.

By remote console card, I'm referring to a PCI card that uses a separate network connection so that you can remotely access the equivalent of a serial console via a web browser or telnet/ssh session. Essentially, I need to have remote access to single user mode on a collocated box.

I know that AMI makes such cards (MegaRAC G2), but I don't know if they will work with FreeBSD. I checked the hardware compatibility list on the web site, but there was no mention of such cards.

Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks.

Richard Coleman
[EMAIL PROTECTED]