"JJB" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Thanks for the pointer to the 'man dhclient-script'.
>
> I read through it 3-5 times and the best I can make out of what
> it says is, that if I create an file like this
> /etc/dhclient-exit-hooks.sh with this content
>
> #! /bin/sh
> wget -O - --http-user=username --http-passwd=password,
> 'http://dynamic.zoneedit.com/auth/dynamic.html?host=www.mydomain.com
> '
>
> Then every time dhclient runs (IE: at bootup and lease expire)
> the dhclient-exit-hooks.sh gets run.

Yes.

As another example, my own script for a similar purpose:
#!/bin/sh

updater_prog = /usr/local/bin/noip2
if [ x$reason = xREBOOT ]   ||  \
   [ x$old_ip_address = x ] ||  \
   [ x$old_ip_address != x$new_ip_address ]; then
    if [ -x $updater_prog ]; then
        ${updater_prog} -i "$new_ip_address"
    fi
fi

--
Lowell Gilbert, embedded/networking software engineer, Boston area:
                resume/CV at http://be-well.ilk.org:8088/~lowell/resume/