On 20 Feb 2004, at 01:35, Tiller Beauchamp wrote:

On Tue, 2004-02-10 at 06:25, James Gallagher wrote:
Hi Carl,

Just out of curiosity, do you have a firewall between your BSD box and
the cvs server you're trying to connect to? Alternatively, have you
tested another cvs server? The reason I ask about the firewall is that
I had a similar problem recently which turned out to be a particular
port being blocked. I can look back and see what it was if you think
it's relevant. It's the only thing I can think of right now.

I've been suffering from this same connection refused problem. I'd be interested to know which ports those were.

Tiller,

Really sorry for the delay responding. I didn't have a note of those changes, so had to check it out:
cvsup connects from a high port to 5999 on the CVS server
cvsup reads from 5999 on the CVS server.

These settings allow me to cvsup to one of the Aussie mirrors.

HTH

James