Kevin D. Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P. wrote:

Shaun T. Erickson wrote:

I understand that 'portupgrade -arR' will upgrade everything. Some are packages and some are ports. Will portupgrade upgrade packages with packages, and ports with ports, or do packages get replaced with ports, so that all are ports after it's run?

Check out the -P and -PP CLI switches to portupgrade(1).....

If I read them correctly, I cannot have packages replaced with packages, and ports with ports. That is, unless I can figure out which are which, ahead of time, and select the right switches for the right things. Is there an easy way to determine which are which?

-ste