On Mon, 8 Mar 2004 15:31:50 -0000 , in local.freebsd.questions you
wrote:

>Is there some way to tell if ftp logins are successfully using S/KEY or
>falling back to cleartext?  Is there some way to require S/KEY only?

I believe the password prompt includes "required" if a static
password would not be accepted.

As I recall if you create /etc/skey.access then everything which
is *not* mentioned in that file will require s/key. I think this
also applies to shell logins so you need to be careful.