Aaron Peterson wrote:

If you have plain text passwords in your MySQL database, you don't need
PAM to look them up.  SASL2 has this ability natively.

I'm going through PAM because I don't want to store passwords in plain text.

I have everything set up right, as near as I can tell. It's just that saslauthd isn't passing the realm. I'm told, on another list, that this is a "feature" of saslauthd from the latest version of sasl, which I'm using. I'm told there is supposed to be a patch out there, somewhere, to restore this behavior.

I haven't been able to find it yet. :(

-ste