I have pam configured so that when my virtual email users (well, the *users* aren't virtual, hehe) send email, they have to use smtpauth. I created a file in /etc/pam.d, called smtp. It has in it:

auth required pam_mysql.so user=postfix passwd=apassword host=localhost db=postfix table=mailbox usercolumn=username passwdcolumn=password crypt=1 sqllog=0
account sufficient pam_mysql.so user=postfix passwd=apassword host=localhost db=postfix table=mailbox usercolumn=username passwdcolumn=password crypt=1 sqllog=0

Everything works fine ... almost.

Remote users, in the system's local domain, also have to auth in order to relay. But their password is being looked up in my mysql database, instead of in the password file.

How can I modify pam's smtp file to allow for both conditions?

-ste