Kris Kennaway wrote:

On Wed, Mar 10, 2004 at 05:44:14AM -0500, Gerard Seibert wrote:

A few days ago, I posted that packages are not as current as ports are on
FreeBSD. When I made that statement, someone, I forget whom, claimed that
they need more machines to compile the code and wanted to know if I wanted
to donate, or words to that affect.

In any case, would that refer to donating an actual computer, or simply
donating computer time? I have three computers, only one running FreeBSD
at this time. I certainly am not going to give away any of my computers,
but I would be willing to share time on one of them if that would help.

What would be useful is multiple (e.g. at least half a dozen) fast
machines with good network connectivity.

Out of interest, how fast, how big a connection, how much disk space? And can building be scheduled for off-peak times?

PWR.