stan wrote:
I've moslty ever used the ports mechanisim to add things to my FreeBSD
machines.

However, I have a couple that have fairly small hard drives ( ~2G) and I
was hoping to use pkg_add -r to add a few things without building from
source.

However, when I try to do that, it complains about incorect versions of
dependencies. Looking at the man page I don't see a flag to ask it too just
update the packages that my new one is dependent on.

How can I deal with this?

You have older version programs. Maybe use portupgrade to upgrade installed apps.

My english is awful - sorry.

-- Arek Czereszewski | jid: aro(at)chrome.pl arek(at)wup-katowice.pl | gg: 1349941 *NIX is like a wigwam: no windows, no gates, apache inside.