On Sat, Mar 13, 2004 at 12:00:40PM -0500, Robert Fitzpatrick wrote:
From: Robert Fitzpatrick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: FreeBSD <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 12:00:40 -0500
Subject: Changing configuration options for ports

I've posted this question about building GSSAPI into my Cyrus-SASL port

On principle to compile any port with kerberos support (if the port has such) it is enogh to set KRB5_HOME variable in /etc/make.conf. For illiustration I use MIT Kerberos and in my make.conf I have: ... KRB5_HOME= /usr/local ...

According to sasl2 Makefile that will do the trick, but I'm not sure
because I don't use sasl2.

installation a couple of times, but not receiving any response to how to
make the changes to the port install. I just need to confirm what I'm
doing is correct, can't seem to find anything in the Handbook related to
re-installing the same port to enable support options.

Right now, I am just editing the Makefile and adding the config options
I need and then 'make deinstall' and 'make reinstall'. But this doesn't
seem to work. The port builds OK, but no support for the option enabled.
For instance, Cyrus-IMAPD, I add to the Makefile
'--with-krb=/usr/local/lib' under the CONFIGURE_ARGS section, but
afterward, no support for Kerberos. Can someone just tell me what I'm
doing wrong.

--
Robert