-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Joshua
Lokken
Sent: Monday, March 22, 2004 6:05 PM
To: JJB
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED] ORG
Subject: Re: DHCP dynamic IP address

* JJB <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2004-03-22 14:27]:

> I use the FBSD built-in DHCP client to get my IP address
> and lease renewal.
>
> I would like to know if there is some DHCP client option to tell
my
> ISP at lease renewal time to force the issuing of an
> different dynamic IP address?

Well, the -r flag will release the current lease, then you could
immediately request another lease...

But, I'm not absolutely sure that dropping your IP and getting a new
one is necessarily the Best Way to deal with your security
worries...

--
Joshua

Men of peace usually are [brave].
                -- Spock, "The Savage Curtain", stardate 5906.5