H.Wade Minter wrote:

I've got a system that's sending a ton of referral spam to websites
on my RELENG_4_9 system.  I'd like to block them from accessing
my system at the TCP level.  What's the best and easiest way to do this?

I assume I'll need to recompile the kernel with IPFIREWALL or
IPFILTER support, then set up some rules.  Does anyone have
a recommendation for a simple ruleset to block one particular IP?

Thanks,
Wade

I have a better recommendation than that.

Since it's just one IP, have a look at /etc/hosts.allow.

The syntax and comments there should enlighten
you greatly as to what to do....

Then, sit back and smile && enjoy a beverage
as tcpwrappers sends this c*** to a "virtual"
oblivion ...

Kevin Kinsey
DaleCo, S.P.