Brent Wiese wrote:
I (tried) following the instructions at:
http://high5.net/howto/

I have postfix virtual users working in MySQL. I have courier imap/pop3
working w/ virtual users. I wanted to add SMTP auth.

I added the cyrus-sasl2 port (also chose support for it in postfix port)
"WITH_MYSQL".

No go.

I added the following lines to /usr/local/lib/sasl2/smtpd.conf (found this
in another faq/tutorial, so it may be incorrect)

sasl_pwcheck_method: auxprop
sasl_auxprop_plugin: sql
  sql_engine: mysql
  mech_list: login plain crammd6 digestmd5
sql_user: postfix-user
sql_passwd: thepassword
sql_database: postfix
sql_statement: SELECT password FROM mailbox WHERE username = '%u'
sql_verbose: yes

That works for me.. --

Kind regards,

Remko Lodder