At 7:53 PM -0500 5/13/04, Eric Crist wrote:
Hey list,

I re-ran the apsfilter setup routine, and now my printer
seems to work fine, except I can only print with:

# lpr -Paps1 <file>

I can't print from Kmail, or anything else, as I get the
following error:

A print error occurred. Error message received from system:

/usr/local/bin/lpr -P 'aps1' '-#1'
'/tmp/kde-ecrist/kdeprint_jpEBaXb0' : execution failed with message:

lpr: unable to print file: server-error-service-unavailable

This is often a conflict due to different versions of lpr/lpd on the system. When you do the `lpr' that works, which `lpr' are you getting? Are you getting the base-system lpr i /usr/bin/lpr, or are you getting the alternate one which you (apparently) have installed in /usr/local/bin/lpr ?

--
Garance Alistair Drosehn            =   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Senior Systems Programmer           or  [EMAIL PROTECTED]