On Tuesday 18 May 2004 5:42 pm, John Oxley wrote:
> Here is an excerpt from my XF86Config
>
>   Option "Protocol"    "Auto"
>   Option "Device"      "/dev/sysmouse"
>   Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
>
> You may also want to include
>   Option "Buttons" "5"

I have tried "Protocol" as "Auto", but it had the same effect. I have also
tried using `moused` and "/dev/sysmouse", in each case, everything works
fine, except the mouse only has 3 buttons and no scroll. (I've tried the -z
flag to moused as well)

This mouse is a replacement for another wheel mouse (different brand) which
worked fine. Even when I didn't have "ZAxisMapping" set up, the wheel showed
up as a button in `xev`.

Cheers,

Rich