Hello,

I've got an Epson printer I've set up with CUPS. Unfortunatley it came out,
that the program CUPS uses internally (rastertoprinter) gets some kind of
lockup right after ending the page - it starts to eat up 100% CPU; CUPS gets
the message "Page finished", but the job stays there - and the printer
device (lpt0) is in use.

Well, so I did "gdb", attached to the PID, typed "bt"... nothing. Just a few
lines with addr no and question marks.

I've recompiled said program (and the library it depends on) with "-g" in
CFLAGS. Nothing.

It came out, that the binary was stripped during install. I've installed
unstripped binary. Still the same thing.

Googled. Nothing really useful found.

At this point, I feel pretty lost - I've thought, that I know, what I have
to do when I want to have debugging info compiled in, and how to use gdb
(I know enough to get the backtrace, which is sufficient).

Any help / any ideas?

--
Michal Pasternak :: http://pasternak.w.lub.pl :: http://winsrc.sf.net

"Frankly, any company would look bad if their corporate e-mail was available
for anyone to read," -- Jim Dose of Ritual Entertainment.