"Thomas May" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> i have now downloaded the new ports.tar.gz file and if i want to install the
> openssh port, because of the security hole, i see the old version 3.6.1

I don't know which hole you're referring to, but all the ones I've
heard of are fixed by patches that are part of the port.

openssh is part of the base system, so an up-to-date base system
should be secure as well.

> how do I get the new version ? is the port not uptodate ?

If you want features from a later version, the openssh-portable port
will be what you want.  If all you want are security fixes, than I'd
recommend updating your base system (but the openssh port will be just
as secure).